Saltus Technologies, Inc. Privacy Statement
Saltus Technologies, LLC. (Saltus) is a Limited Liability Company based in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Saltus is dedicated to providing software solutions to our customers that improves user and public safety and enables them to become more efficient and productive in their activities. Through a public website and browser-based and mobile applications (collectively the “Saltus Systems”) Saltus wants our customers to benefit from the information and solutions we provide while also having the peace of mind that Saltus has implemented policies and practices designed to protect their privacy.
This Privacy Statement describes Saltus’ practices and policies regarding our collection and use of personal information about users of the Saltus Systems and defines our users’ privacy rights. Saltus will update this Privacy Statement from time to time as we adopt new privacy policies or change our personal information practices. Any updates will be reflected in the current version of the Privacy Statement available on the Saltus Systems.
When Saltus Collects Personal Information
This Privacy Statement applies to information voluntarily collected from users who use Saltus Systems as well as data collected through other means, including offline and from third parties. The data privacy practices Saltus utilizes, and the rights individuals have with respect to their personal information, depends on whether Saltus is the “data processor” or the “data controller”. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you have a choice to not use the Saltus Systems.
Most of the personal information Saltus collects and processes is in connection with the use of the solutions we provide to our customers pursuant to our contractual arrangements with them. Saltus customers may collect personal information about individuals who are being issued a citation or warning or who have had contact with a customer End User that is using the Saltus Systems. In these cases, Saltus is acting as a “data processor” only. The customer determines what data is collected and how that data is used.
In other cases, personal information is collected when an individual visits the saltustechnologies.com public website or when a conference attendee provides Saltus with a business card or fills out a contact form. In these types of scenarios, Saltus is the “data controller” because we have determined what personal information is collected and how Saltus uses that information within our business operations.
If you have questions or concerns regarding Saltus’ data privacy policies or practices, please contact our privacy team by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-877-249-3249. Alternatively, please send mail to the attention of the Privacy Team using the contact information at the end of this Privacy Statement.
End User Personal Information
When Saltus makes the Saltus Systems available for use by a customer we do so under a contractual arrangement with our customer pursuant to which the customer, not Saltus, makes the decisions about what personal information is collected and how it is processed in the Saltus Systems.
Personal information collected in this context could include, for example, information required to set up user types with specific Saltus System; such as Officers, Supervisors and Administrators. These roles provide End Users with permissions to execute their job duties within the Saltus Systems as defined by the Customer.
If you have questions or concerns about our customers’ decisions regarding the collection and processing of your personal information, you may contact Saltus, or our customer. If you contact us, we will coordinate the response with our customer as appropriate.
Why Saltus Collects Personal Information
Saltus collects personal information about users of the Saltus Systems for a variety of reasons:
Saltus Website: Saltus collects personal information when users interact with the Saltus public website in order to:
- Provide information requested by users, including when subscribing to our newsletter;
- Improve Saltus products, services, and operations;
- Comply with our legal and security obligations with respect to operating the Saltus Systems; and
- Continuously improving the user experience on Saltus Systems.
Responding to Customer Requests: When a customer requests access to, or use of, a Saltus System, Saltus collects and uses personal information to, for example:
- Configure and deploy the Saltus Systems we are contractually obligated to provide;
- Process customer request to complete a transaction, such as providing a quote or sending an invoice;
- Assist customers in implementing requested Saltus Systems, including setting up end user account(s);
- Provide customers with support and ongoing services for the Saltus Systems.
Saltus Sales and Marketing Purposes: Saltus collects information from users, directly and indirectly (such as through analytics tools we use on saltustechnoloties.com) for our sales and marketing purposes such as:
- Providing users with information about Saltus products or services that match user interests and other criteria you have identified, or that we otherwise believe may be of interest to you based on your activity on the Saltus Systems or activity on third-party sites and applications, such as social media platforms;
- Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Saltus Systems and their usage patterns.
For Saltus’ Legitimate Business Purposes: Saltus uses personal information collected and processed by the Saltus Systems for Saltus’ other business purposes, such as:
- Gathering and analyzing data about customer and end-user usage of the software and services offered by the Saltus Systems;
- Managing our security obligations with respect to the Saltus System;
- Complying with applicable laws and regulations;
- Conducting internal auditing, finance and insurance operations.
How Saltus Collects Personal Information
The information Saltus collects about users is accomplished in several ways, as described below.
Information you provide to Saltus:
- When you submit a contact form on the Saltus public website you may choose to disclose information about yourself, including your name, employer, email address, and phone number, along with information regarding your preferences and interests.
- When you make a support call via telephone, participate in a remote support assistance call, or other online support chat service, Saltus may make a record of such interaction and retain an audit log.
- When you attend a Saltus in-person event or conference or an online webinar, you may be required to provide personal information necessary to register you for the event or webinar.
- When you visit Saltus at a trade show booth and provide us with your business card, or when you choose to complete one of our contact forms available at our trade show booths.
- When you are an end user of a Saltus System, you will be required to disclose information about yourself to create a user profile.
Information that is Automatically Collected
Like many websites and online platforms, Saltus utilizes web analytics tools that rely on cookies, web beacons, and other automated tracking technologies (“Tracking Tools”). Saltus uses the data provided by the Tracking Tools to analyze how users interact with and use the Saltus Systems, to help us improve the Saltus Systems, provide users and customers with information we believe may be of interest, and identify other users who may be interested in our products and services.
The information collected automatically includes information about your computer and internet connection (including IP address, operating system, and browser type) and details regarding your visits to the Saltus Systems (including your browsing actions and patterns and information about any referring website, search engine, social media platform, or link). When customers use a Saltus mobile application, Saltus may collect and process unique device-specific identifiers which identify your mobile device and allows Saltus Customer Care to more effectively support end users.
Third Party Tracking Tools; Google Analytics
The Tracking Tools Saltus uses include analytics services obtained from third parties. The information generated by these analytics services will be transmitted to and stored by the third parties and will be subject to their privacy policies. Please note that if you visit a third-party website, including one we may direct you to, we do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies, how they may be used, or the information they may collect, and we are not responsible for these third parties’ privacy policies.
The primary third-party Tracking Tool we use is Google Analytics. The information generated by Google Analytics will be transmitted to and stored by Google and will be subject to Google’s privacy policies, which can be viewed on Google.com.
Cookies and Web Beacons
The Tracking Tools we use rely on cookies:
- Cookies.A cookie is a small data file that can be placed on your hard drive when you visit certain websites. Cookies are used to collect and store information, such as the type of computer you are using and how often you log on to a site. The Saltus Platform uses both “session cookies,” to improve your navigation across the Saltus Platform and to remember you over the course of a single visit, and “persistent cookies,” which are stored on your computer until they expire or are deleted and help us provide better service to you over multiple visits to the Saltus Platform. You can always delete or disable cookies through your browser. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to sign in or take advantage of certain features of the Saltus Platform that require cookies.
Information from Third Parties and Other Sources
We supplement the information we collect through the Saltus Systems with information from third parties (including our advertising partners, trade show associations which Saltus may sponsor, and other service providers and reputable vendors who contractually represent to us that they are authorized to obtain and share your information with us) and information we collect through other means, such as offline or through other websites. This information includes social media profile information, depending on the settings you have established for your social media accounts.
When and How Saltus Shares Personal Data with Others
Except as described in this Privacy Statement, Saltus will not share your personal information with third parties, rent or sell its mailing list, or share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To the Saltus Customer: If you are an End User as described in this Privacy Statement, Saltus will share your personal information with the Saltus customer who is providing your access to the Saltus Systems (e.g. your employer).
Third Party Services Providers: Saltus has service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, content management, client relationship management, social media integration, marketing, analytics, billing, payment processing and customer service. These entities may have access to personal information if necessary or useful to perform their contractual functions. If obtaining such access, these third parties will be subject to confidentiality and security/privacy obligations with respect to such information.
Partners: Saltus may share information about you with our business partners and trade associations in order to provide you with information and services that you have requested or that we believe may be of interest to you.
Law Enforcement / Legal Obligations: Saltus reserves the right to share information about you where Saltus believes that such disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal requirement, such as a subpoena or court order, or to protect the rights or property of Saltus, you, or third parties.
Protection of Personal Information
Saltus makes reasonable efforts to protect personal information against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Saltus updates and tests our security technologies on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to personal information to those employees who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security. The safety and security of information also depends on your own security practices. If we have provided you with (or you have chosen) a username and password for access to certain parts of a Saltus Platform, you are responsible for keeping such information confidential. Please do not share your username and password with anyone.
Your Choices About Your Personal Data
As described previously, the Saltus Systems allows users to submit information through the Saltus Systems, including personal information, such as your mailing or email address, or information needed to process a payment.
- If Saltus is acting as the “data controller” of your personal information and you have questions about your personal information, or, in accordance with applicable laws, you want to correct, update, or in certain cases, delete the information you can contact us at any time by emailing email@example.com. Additionally, Saltus provides you choices regarding the way we use the personal information you have provided us. For example, you may sign up to receive newsletters or email notifications regarding Saltus products or services. You may opt-out of receiving these communications at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org by selecting the opt-out option provided in the body of the communication.
- If Saltus is acting as the “data processor” of your personal information for or on behalf of a Saltus customer (as explained above under End User Personal Information), you may contact either Saltus or the Saltus customer with your inquiries. If you contact us, we will contact the customer and coordinate a response accordingly.
This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected by the Saltus Systems and not to other websites that you may link to from the Saltus Systems. Saltus is not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party websites. Please be aware that when you leave a Saltus System, you should review respective privacy policies for other entities or websites that ask you to provide personal information.
Notification of Changes
Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be reflected in an updated Privacy Statement made available on the Saltus Systems. Any information that we collect from you will be used in accordance with the version of this Privacy Statement in effect at the time the information was collected unless we receive your consent to change our practices with respect to previously collected information.
For further information or comments on our Privacy Statement, please contact our privacy team at email@example.com, or contact Saltus at the following address:
Saltus Technologies, LLC
907 S Detroit Ave, Suite 820
Tulsa, OK 74120
ATTN: Privacy Team