Saltus Channel Representative
The Channel Representative develops new partners while maintaining and expanding relationships with current partners. The Channel Representative is responsible for improving partner sales through sales planning, training, proposal development, and opportunity follow-up. Activities also include exhibiting at conferences and participating in partner sales meetings and user group meetings. The success of this candidate will be ensured by an entrepreneurial spirit, a positive attitude, and qualified business communication skills.
The Channel Representative reports to the Channel Sales Manager.
- Supports the Saltus reseller channel by working with partners to educate their sales teams and develop eCitation opportunities.
- Maintains productive, professional relationships with key personnel in channel partner accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, sales targets, and critical milestones.
- Meets assigned targets for developing new partners and partner sales.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel as needed for demos, kick-off calls, or day-to-day needs of new customers.
- Manages potential channel conflicts by fostering excellent communication internally and externally.
- Provides software and hardware demonstrations. Requires strong sales presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Creates and delivers proposals as well as follow-up and closing activities.
- Ensures compliance with partner agreements.
- Works with the Channel Sales Manager to attract new resellers.
- Record daily communications and activities in Salesforce.com.
- Provides management with feedback regarding market needs and trends.
- Utilizes on-site visits, conferences, webinars, and demonstrations as supported by Saltus sales and marketing teams.
- Proven prospecting and sales management experience
- Attention to detail with written proposals, contracts, and other communications
- Experience with technical demonstrations of hardware and software
- Excellent verbal, written communications skills
- Available to perform work related travel (up to 25%-35%)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Salesforce.com experience very helpful
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Performs according to a monthly/quarterly quota for sales activity
- Previous law enforcement and/or telecom experience desired
Individuals interested in this position are invited to send resumes and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.