Outside Sales Representative
The sales representative will secure new business through prospecting, tradeshows, demonstrations, and delivery of proposals and agreements. This person will have the opportunity to manage assigned opportunities and build a book of new accounts around Saltus’ electronic ticketing solution – digiTICKET. The success of this candidate will be ensured by an entrepreneurial spirit, a positive attitude, and qualified business communication skills. This position is supported by a marketing team and product delivery specialists to ensure strong communication with prospects about Saltus’ products and services.
The Outside Sales Representative reports to the National Sales Manager.
- Identify, contact, and educate law enforcement and court prospects about Saltus and digiTICKET
- Record daily communications and activities in Salesforce.com.
- Select agencies from prospecting activities and inbound leads as primary target accounts
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key prospect stakeholders
- Utilize solution selling and apply qualified knowledge of software and hardware options
- Provide detailed reports on prospect needs, problems, interests, and competition
- Perform technical software and hardware product demonstrations (in-person and web-based)
- Prepare and deliver product pricing proposals and RFP responses
- Ensure regular follow-up with prospects regarding current and future opportunities
- Attend law enforcement and court technology conferences as Saltus’ representative
- Serve as company liaison with local regulatory authorities and partners
- Align efforts around monthly individual and team sales quotas
- Assists Account Managers with transition and day-to-day needs of new customers
- Provides management with feedback regarding market needs and trends.
- Proven prospecting and sales management experience
- Attention to detail with written proposals, orders, and other communications
- Experience demonstrating computer hardware and software
- Excellent verbal, written communications skills
- Experience managing a multi-state/regional territory
- Available to perform related overnight vehicle and air travel (up to 50%)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Salesforce.com CRM experience helpful
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Previous law enforcement, military, or public safety market experience desired but not required
Individuals interested in this position are invited to send resumes and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.